Pear Tree Engineering
1, Thirlmere Road,Golborne,
Tel. 44 (0)1942-715528
Using our portable spark eroding machines
Some of the jobs performed
We started in 1999
removing broken studs with broken extractors, mainly in the
motor trade locally, and have since travelled the country,
removing broken drills, taps, mould ejector pins, and head
studs from plant and marine engines
1. a 35mm piece of a 30mm drill from a hole some 300mm down a 30mm drilled hole
in a 17 tonne casting bound for China,
2. a 5mm broken stud from an electrical motor.
3. We have also removed a broken diesel heater plug from a Mercedes diesel
cylinder head, 2 broken wheel bolts from another Mercedes,
4. an extractor 40mm in diameter from a broken cylinder head bolt in Isle of Man
Steam Packet MV
Lady of Man.
5. A seized 100.oo mm bolt from a new concrete destruction testing
machine in Watford, London.
6. Broken lathe centres from both Corus Darlington and
3 separate visits.
7. A broken stud in a Beechcraft aircraft engine at R.A.F.
Cranwell in Lincs.
8. 200mm of a broken 60mm drill /
boring bar in Sheffield
9. 2 broken taps in a Warrior tank and an
M777 howitzer support
frame for BAE Systems
Barrow in Furness
10. A broken bolt for Alcoa Birmingham from a
machine that makes aluminium sheet for the Airbus
11. Broken taps for Thyssen Krupp in components for
the Euro Fighter.
12. Broken head bolts on the engine of an Dutch ex minesweeper, now used for the
Dutch "sea scouts" at Hull
13. A broken drill in a naval 4.5" gun for BAE
Systems Barrow in Furness
14. Corroded studs and a broken tap on the boiler of the
the last of the drift trawlers of the Lowestoft fleet
being restored at
Small & Co
marine Engineers of Lowestoft.
15. A broken head bolt in a 20 cylinder engine powering an electricity
generator at Warrington for
16. Have removed a broken cylinder head bolt
from a trawler engine in Peterhead,
17. A broken 60mm bolt in a machine for
Alcoa Birmingham (see 8) third separate visit
18. A broken drill in a barrel for the
mobile gun for BAE Systems Barrow in
Furness third separate visit
19. Have burned 4 precise holes in casing of a
Rolls Royce Spey Jet Engine. belonging to the M.O.D.
Shoeburyness. Nov. 2009.
20. Removal broken bolts on an anti-missile, missile launcher
for B.A.E. near Chelmsford
21. Warrington again to remove another head bolt
22, Hastings this time for
23. Back to QinetiQ
at Shoeburyness for more holes in the jet engine, Jan
24 Rochdale for removal of a broken tap.
25. Remove broken bolts in a
tram bogie for
Nottingham Trams at
26. Remove 2 broken taps for JCB.
27. Clean excess weld on a chassis frame being fabricated for a
JCB Fastrac Tractor
Isle of Man Steam Packet Catamaran ferry
Snaefell Remove broken
bolt with broken extractor from the
turbo-charger one of the port engines
29. 4 of 3mm broken drills in a 2.8 metre diameter gear
for a nautical gearbox or
Industries in Huddersfield
26 Remove seized pin in auto coupler for a railway
carriage again at
Derby, plus 3 more jobs Nov. 2010
27 Removed broken pins in railway carriage doors for
Railcare in Milton Keynes Dec 2010 and Jan 2011
28 Removed broken taps in railway carriage bogies for
Bombardier in |Derby Feb 2011
29 Removed broken bolts in
pile auger drill for Roger Bullivant who were
sub-contracting to May Gurney on the construction of a new
railway station in North Shields, Newcastle-on-Tyne
30 Removed broken tap in a ship's prop shaft damper for Leeds
31 Removed broken tap for Babcock International in Leicester, a
skip handler for nuclear waste.
32.Removed broken tap from control assembly and umbilical cord
for valve intended for an oil rig at
33. Again at
34, broken stud in engine of
Stena Nordica at Holyhead, removed whilst vessel was
35. 2 trips to NIA Birmingham to remove broken head bolt and 5
studs from turbo charger V12 engine
36. Remove 2 broken studs from anti-backfire valve on generating
Energy. at Preston General Hospital
37. Once more to Aberdeen to remove a broken gun drill to a
depth of 250 mm on an oil well control head for
ASEP Elmar Ltd., part of
National Oil well Varco UK Limited.
Several jobs both large and small, then back
again to Holyhead to remove broken studs in port
side main engine
ferry to Dublin
Marine Turbo Ltd
to remove 8 broken studs some with broken extractors in
39. Remove broken cylinder head bolt from a v
configuration 20 cylinder generating unit for
Infinis at Warrington
Remove 4 broken head bolts on
Gulf Oil Offshore oil rig supply vessel
Truck in dock at A & P Tees dock in Middlesbrough
Remove broken cylinder head bolt from a v configuration
20 cylinder generating unit for
42. Broken tap in control unit at top of
container handling crane at Port of Liverpool
42. Remove a broken
cylinder head bolt from the engine of a Caterpillar
generating unit for Viridor at Ipswich
43. 2 trips to
Doncaster to remove broken bolts for the "A frame" that
locates the rear axle on 2 Mercedes trucks,
obviating the need to split the chassis.
44. A broken cylinder
head bolt 48x5mm, x100mm long on MV Murcia Carrier in
Visit web site for
the last of the Lowestoft inshore steam drift trawlers
Under the new REACH requirements, the only
dielectric used is water.
work on the strict understanding that terms
and conditions are understood and